We are looking to hire a motivated and experienced Town Clerk to plan, manage and coordinate clerical duties within the Town of Hideout Utah. You will be responsible for recording minutes of council meetings, recording and maintaining all municipal documents, preparing meeting agendas, storing financial records and issuing public correspondence.
Actively participates in implementation of the city budget, manages municipal finances to include bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all federal and state reporting associated therewith. Clerk receives policy direction from the Mayor.
To excel in this role, you will need to have proven experience in collating and maintaining records and legal documents, working knowledge of relevant computer systems, and an understanding of federal, state and local laws. A minimum of three years’ experience in a municipal clerk’s office environment is required.
Town Clerk Responsibilities:
· Record, edit and distribute minutes of council meetings.
· Communicate effectively with management, government officials and staff.
· Act as a liaison between the City Council and the public.
· Draft meeting agendas and bylaws.
· Record data and ensure that documents are stored, filed and maintained correctly.
· Utilize computer databases and software. Maintain the town website.
· Prepare and maintain official reports, legal documents, financial records, and reference material.
· Coordinate municipal elections.
· Transcribe, type and proofread documents.
· Distribute public correspondence and ensure that municipal records are accessible to the public.
· Manage building permits.
Town Clerk Requirements:
· Post-secondary education required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred.
· Previous experience required.
· Computer skills and knowledge of software applications.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Comfortable with the Worldwide Web, search engines, and basic web skills.
· Possession of a valid State Driver’s License.
· Be a licensed notary or willingness to fulfill the requirements to become a notary of the public.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Time management and organizational skills.
· Compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Interested candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org