During its meeting on May 14, 2020, the Town Council adopted Resolution 2020-01 establishing seasonal fire restrictions for the Town of Hideout beginning on May 15, 2020 and continuing through and including October 30, 2020. Accordingly, the following acts are strictly prohibited during the Seasonal Fire Restriction Period:
- Igniting, building, maintaining, or using a fire, including charcoal and briquettes in an outdoor setting (this restriction excludes commercially purchased barbeque grills);
- All debris burning;
- Solid fuel fire pits and campfires;
- Discharging, or using any type of fireworks within the Hideout Town limits;
- Operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order as determined by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) recommended practices J335 and J350;
- Detonating of explosives, incendiary or chemical devices, pyrotechnics, or exploding targets, or tracer ammunition;
- Cutting, welding, or grinding of metal in areas of dry vegetation; and
- Smoking except in an enclosed vehicle or building, or areas completely devoid of dry vegetation.
The full text of Resolution 2020 may be accessed by clicking on this link.